Disney uses domes.
NASA uses domes.
Fortune 500's use domes.
They use domes because
- Their entertainment (and scientific value) is a quantum leap beyond flat screens
- A dome (an Immersive 180° Immersive Environment) tricks the viewers perceptions into thinking "this is real"
- They induce a physical feeling (this does not have to be severe vertigo)
- With the addition of a motion platform, we can provide a 4D experience. If you want "The Harry Potter Experience," we can provide it (our extended family includes the most experienced 4D producers in the world)
Fortune 1000 companies hire VR-MAX to create their productions because we succeed. We:
- Controlling vertigo - more for some audiences, less for others
- Games, animations, live-capture videos and virtual reality
- Linear versus non-linear presentations
- AIDA and it's relationship to the "big 3 " for live shows. Visibility, Immediacy and Momerability (domes are immediately visible, create intrigue by their very nature, and VR-MAX content provides impact and memorability
- How different dome production is from the "Fourth Wall" of theater, Television or YouTube; its semiology calls for familiar yet uniquely different visual story-telling.
But the best way to understand what we do is to watch the videos. There are four on this page, and more specific examples on these pages: